We have an opening for a Senior EHS Specialist in WInfield, AL. Qualifications:
– B.S. degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management or related field.
– Minimum 7 years practical EHS experience in the heavy industrial and manufacturing sectors with increasing roles and responsibilities and a minimum of 2 years previous management experience. Mining experience helpful but not required.
– A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Mine Safety Professional (CMSP) designation is desirable.
– Comprehensive understanding of all Federal, State, OH&S regulations and standards as they relate to General Industry and Mining operations (OSHA, MSHA, DOT, EPA, DEP, etc).
– OSHA 500 Train the Trainer and additional training expertise in DOT, EPA, DNR, Hazardous Communication, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, – Hoisting and Rigging/Crane Operator Safety Training, Aerial Work Platform, and behavioral based safety management are desired.
– Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Claims Management and best management practices – Capability to maintain multiple accountabilities and relationships.
– Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills combined with the ability to influence and coach others to receive and manage change
– Considerable ability to plan and prioritize EHS initiatives and work with others to execute strategic priorities
– Strong capability to lead organization through change and ability to lead multiple projects If interested,
Please send me a copy of your resume and we can schedule a time to discuss.
Brooke Owens, CIR
Safety & Health Intern / Co-Op Job – Komatsu Mining
Posted: May 17, 2017
Komatsu Mining Corporation
Safety & Health Intern / Co-Op Job Description
Position Title: Safety & Health Intern / Co-Op
Position Type: Intern / Co-Op
Job Description: Komatsu Mining Corporation is a worldwide leader in high-productivity mining solutions. The Company manufactures and markets original equipment and aftermarket parts and services for the industry. Komatsu Mining Corporation –Winfield Operations is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Safety & Health Intern / Co-Op position. The candidate will assist the Site management, EHS and Safety Committee with the following tasks: Risk Assessment / Hazard identification, Safety Observations, Facility Hazard Communication Program management to include maintenance of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) system, assist with the review of our existing EHS procedures and policies, conduct facility EHS work area gap reviews, assist with contractor safety surveillance and conduct general EHS administrative assistance for the operations to help improve performance.
Job Task Breakdown
- Assist with New Employee EHS Induction
- Review OSHA 300 logs & Incident logs and provide feedback to site leadership on incident trending
- Review and improve EHS Training Modules and Presentations
- Develop an understanding of our “Drive To Zero Harm” mentality and our behavior based safety culture-Safe Start
- Gain understanding of the companies: EHS Corporate Policy, Safety Principles, Cardinal Safety Rules and Critical Safety Risks
- Perform EHS Gap Reviews by department (ongoing for duration)
- Assist the location with the Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP), Training and Fire/In Shelter Drills
- Assist the location with EHS Policy and Procedure review, revision and communications to supervision and employees
- Assist the location with Safety Data Sheet (SDS) uploading into the Site Hawk site
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings and support/drive for closure of open items
- Perform Safety Observations and Hazard Identifications plantwide (duration of internship)
- Assist location with Formal Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis revision and development
- Assist the location with implementation of key EHS initiatives during the internship
- Assist with the locations EHS Improvement Plan and Safety Improvement Plan during internship
- Perform routine plant walk throughs to identify hazards and unsafe behaviors
- Assist the location with EHS related training
- Participate in monthly EHS Audits as performed by the safety committee
Required Skills: The successful applicant should have excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills, be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and be able to work independently with regards to coordinating a variety of task and activities.
Required Education: Safety & Health Science Major who has completed at least their sophomore year and is in good academic standing.