Job Title: Safety and Security Director 41-047
Job ID: 17-103
Start Date: 2017-12-13
End Date: 2017-12-20
Salary: $6,103.00/Mo. Grade 6
Benefits: Yes – See Benefits Web Page
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Human Resources
Description: Manages Huntsville Utilities’ overall Safety and Security Program to ensure the safety and security of our employees and infrastructure and that established company and compliance objectives are met. Primary responsibilities focus on accident prevention and training, planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating and controlling a comprehensive safety and security program utilizing a broad range of loss control strategies and techniques.
Duties: 1. Assesses safety and security risks and develops specific objectives for the company’s Safety and Security Program. Coordinates overall effort and measures results. 2. Identifies problems and formulates recommendations to management regarding improvements in program effectiveness or cost reduction. 3. Provides support, assistance and advice to all departments to ensure effectiveness of individual safety programs. 4. Creates and maintains a high level of safety and security awareness among all employees. 5. Maintains currency of the Safety Handbook and the safety section of the Employee Handbook. Develops and implements new policies as appropriate. 6. Determines, plans, coordinates, arranges and conducts appropriate training to meet identified needs. 7. Compiles, analyzes and reports accident data. Maintains historical safety performance data. 8. Develops checklists and conducts both scheduled and unscheduled safety and security inspections of company vehicles, tools, equipment, facilities and work locations to identify deficiencies and initiate corrective action. 9. Conducts, in conjunction with the appropriate supervisor, accident investigations to determine accident root causes and properly stated and trackable corrective actions. 10. Conducts thorough investigations of all reports of theft, sabotage, drug use, etc., and submits report to management. 11. Maintains the company-wide incentive program which recognizes and rewards good safety performance. 12. Assists Human Resources with Worker’s Compensation claims as necessary. 13. Researches, recommends and assists in obtaining safety and security equipment and personal protective gear. 14. Acts as liaison with insurance carrier, government agencies and outside medical and industrial hygiene specialists. 15. Trains and supervises subordinate staff personnel. 16. Develops and maintains close working relationship with law enforcement agencies. 17. Gathers information and submits reports regarding EPA’s risk management programs. Provides general oversight of programs. 18. Makes formal presentations to employees and management staff as required. 19. Prepare and communicate monthly and quarterly statistical safety information for employee awareness. 20. Performs other safety, security or personnel duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education/Training/Certifications: B.S. degree in business or safety related field required. A Master’s would be a plus. Formal training in various safety disciplines. One of the following professional safety certifications required within first year of employment through TVPPA (CSC – Certified Safety Coordinator), Incident Prevention (CUSP – Certified Utility Safety Professional) or the American Society of Safety Engineers (CSP – Certified Safety Professional). Experience: 7- 10 years previous experience in management of the Safety/Security function required. Previous experience in accident investigation, job safety analysis, loss control and management techniques preferred. General knowledge of physical security and security systems for industrial or utility organizations preferred. Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, stressful situations and construction hazards. Extensive office work required as needed. Light physical exertion. Equipment: Pick-up truck, in-cab two-way radio, office telephone, cell phone, copier, personal computer (Microsoft Office skills essential for data input, word processing, Power Point presentations, graphics and Excel spreadsheet), digital camera, tape recorder. Other: Excellent leadership, interpersonal, motivational, team building, verbal and writing skills. Subject to on-call duty. Familiarity with OSHA regulations. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Position competencies include: Thinking broadly, drives for results, demonstrating initiative, attentive listening, making accurate judgements and decisions and serving customers. This job description is only intended to reflect the general nature and duties of the position and may not include all essential functions. Since jobs tend to change over time, duties may be added or deleted as necessary without a formal update of the job description.
Safety Specialist – Bessemer – US Pipe
Posted: Nov 30, 2017
Job#: Req #13151
Job Type: Full Time
Location: US-AL-Bessemer (AL Works)
Benefits: Full Benefits
Responsible for helping to continually drive a safe work environment for the Alabama Works plants (Bessemer and Mini-Mill). Assists with planning, implementing, auditing and training to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illness and financial losses. Assists with all aspects of plant safety for both pipe plants including, but not limited to: safety compliance, emergency response, safety audits and inspections, incident investigations, safety committee leadership, safety teams, New Employee Safety training and other safety training as needed. The Safety Specialist must be willing to work various shifts including evenings, nights, and weekends to help with safety compliance. This is an entry level Safety Specialist position.
As for all employee, this individual is expected to demonstrate our core values: customer commitment, high-performance culture, fleet of foot, innovation, accountability, integrity, respect for others and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides information to managers, supervisors, and salaried personnel regarding compliance with company, Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data; prepares reports for daily, weekly and monthly safety activities.
- Attend monthly safety committee meeting to conduct training, and identifying immediate items that need to be addressed.
- Responds to Plant Emergencies and assists Security and Plant EMT’s as needed.
- Investigates Incidents and provides corrective action review.
- Assists Industrial Hygiene representatives with sampling
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong self-direction and motivation is required.
- Must have good oral and written skills.
- Detail orientation and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Understanding of Hot Work, Confined Space and Energy Control Procedures.
- Understanding of Lean 6s Housekeeping Programs.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials, safety practices, and SDS information.
- Knowledge of performing safety inspections and providing detailed corrective action recommendations to plant management.
- Ability to assist with New Employee Orientation safety training.
- Must have skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain focus on each job task and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekend shifts.
- Associates Degree in Safety, Emergency Services, Environmental, or a related safety field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a non-safety related field, but with field safety experience could be used as a substitute.
- 1-2 years of safety, emergency, or environmental experience outlining and implementing programs regarding employee safety procedures, practices, and accident protection and prevention in a heavy manufacturing industry preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- The employee will be working in an office environment, but will be walking through the plant on a daily basis exposing the employee to foundry operations. The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust, fumes, and metallic particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions regularly: standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting. The majority of the actions will be standing and walking.
Apply To This Job at www.uspipe.com
Airgas – Area Safety Manager- Bessemer, AL
Posted: Oct 05, 2017
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Lauren Gillen, at: email@example.com, or apply at: https://airgas.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=14763&lang=en
Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nation’s leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an Area Safety Manager position available in our Bessemer, AL area (Candidate may be located in North/Central or North/Eastern Alabama area).
Assists in implementation, coordinating, auditing, and enforcing the Company’s safety and compliance issues relating to various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Promote and develop safe work behaviors. Assisting and coaching in reducing injuries and vehicle accidents.
- Plan, administer and support ongoing safety programs to ensure compliance.
- Liaise between facility and internal and external auditors. Interpret Safety Policies, Regulations and Standards to recommend or provide direction.
- Responsible for keeping the branch locations current with regulations concerning DOT, OSHA, EPA, and the FDA. Is also responsible for implementing procedures and the control of those documents.
- Assists in conducting Reviews of all governmental disciplines by ensuring that required documents, training, and safety measures are in place. Forwards findings to supervisor for appropriate corrective action.
- Schedule and organize the training schedule for area driver trainer.
- Plan 1H, ergonomic, risk assessment surveys or analysis.
- Assure all applicable training is performed at all locations.
- Meet all compliance and reporting requirements of Federal and State regulations.
- Assist Director of Safety and Compliance in month end safety meetings and data/presentations, which also include compliance presentations at branches, plants, and customer locations.
- Assist in creating training development (videos, power point)
- Assist in setting up and maintaining all Permits and maintain location files.
- Assist in medical manual updates, procedures, and controlling of said documentation.
- Be a member of hazard assessment team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college work preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in the industrial gas or related industry.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of interpreting and explaining related information and/or policies to customers and employees.
- Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of preparing documents for internal and external distribution.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel 65% of the time
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
: Safety & Health
: United States-Alabama-Bessemer-35020
: Oct 2, 2017, 9:24:06 PM